MSW Field Education Deadlines

MSW Field Education Deadlines

by Jessica Siewertsen -
Number of replies: 0
MSW students,

After thoughtful review, we have extended our Field Education application deadlines. All applications are now due approximately 4 months prior to your Field Education start date (see chart below). Given this, please keep in mind that although the majority of Field applications can be processed and approved within 4 months, placements at government entities, such as with the US Department of Veterans Affairs, can take 6 months or more. If you wish to complete your Field Education within a Government organization, plan ahead and get your application in as soon as possible.

Remember, Field Education is the heart of Social Work Education. The intent of field education is to connect the theoretical and conceptual contribution of the classroom with the practical world of the practice setting. This is an exciting time and we look forward to assisting you. 

Assigned Field Education Coordinator
Field Entry
Start Term
Attend Webinar (ideally 6mth prior)
Field Application Due Date

Ms. Nickerson
FA I 2014\ Aug25
Mar 11
 May 26

Ms. Galan-Cisneros, LMSW
FA II 2014\
Oct20
April 8
 July 21

Ms. Nickerson
SP I
2015\
Jan5
June 10
 Oct 6

Ms. Galan-Cisneros, LMSW
SP II 2015\
Mar2
Aug 12
 Dec 8

Ms. Nickerson
SU I 2015\
May 4
Oct 14
 Feb 9

Ms. Galan-Cisneros, LMSW
SU II 2015\
June 29
Dec 9
 Mar 30

Ms. Nickerson
FA I 2015\
Aug 24
Feb 10
May 25

Ms. Galan-Cisneros, LMSW
FA II 2015\
Oct 19
April 14
July 20

**Please note that if you plan to start your field work in either of the Summer terms, you should have already turned in your application. If you have not, please submit the application as soon as possible to your Field Work Coordinator. **