Hello BSN Students,
Please see below for a great scholarship opportunity. There are still 3 scholarships available! You must apply by June 15th to Dr. Sparks the Nursing Department Chair.
San Antonio Livestock Exposition (SALE) Scholarship Program
at Our Lady of the Lake University
BSN Degree Program
2014-2016 Funding Cycle
OVERVIEW The SALE Scholarship Program is an external scholarship program administered by the San Antonio Livestock Exposition, but student selection is done through the university.
Selection requires the university to review academic performance and other qualifying elements before nominating students to the SALE organization.
- After selection, students will then work directly with SALE to provide all necessary paperwork to process the scholarship awards.
Finally, SALE sends award payments directly to the Student Business Office to be applied to student accounts.
OLLU will identify five (5) BSN students to name as SALE scholars. These five students will receive a non-renewable scholarship for a maximum of four semesters between August 2014 and May 2016.
These scholarship funds will be disbursed $1,875 for each full-time semester (12 hours or more) that selected students qualify for the funds. See the SALE Scholar Requirements outlined below for more about qualifications. For terms that require fewer than 12 hours (i.e. Summer I and Summer II), a pro-rated award will be available.
A selection process will have oversight by the Dean of the School of Professional Studies and the Worden School of Social Service to ensure a fair award procedure.
After selection, student information will be forwarded to SALE. SALE maintains its own paperwork processing, and students must adhere to those processes to continue to receive award payments.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Since 1984, the San Antonio Livestock Exposition (SALE) has supported Texas youth by providing over 4,600 Texas college students with over $120 million in scholarship funds. SALE scholarships are represented by students in 90 colleges and universities throughout Texas.
ELIGIBLE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- 1. ENROLLED in BSN degree program.
- 2. ENTERING final four semesters of study. Consideration will be given to those with fewer semesters until graduation.
- 3. ENROLLED at OLLU full-time (12 hours or more – Summer I and Summer II terms count as one full time semester if the student is enrolled for a combined total of 12 hours over the two terms).
- 4. MAINTAINED grade point average of 3.0.
- 5. SHOW permanent residence in state of Texas (with preference given to Bexar County residents).
- 6. DEMONSTRATE financial need according to the OLLU Office of Financial Aid.
To remain a SALE Scholar, selected students must:
1. Agree to communicate in a prompt and courteous manner with the San Antonio Livestock Expo (SALE) Scholarship Coordinator.
2. Write annual thank-you letters to the SALE Scholarship Committee.
3. Attend scholarship events in November (at OLLU) and in May (at SALE) when possible.
To request an application, email WRSparks@ollusa.edu .
Applications are due by email to WRSparks@ollusa.edu
before June 15, 2014 by 5:00 PM.