Mary Francine Danis Writing Center News

Mary Francine Danis Writing Center News

by Dr. Kimberly Gibson -
Number of replies: 0

Welcome to Fall A, 2014! I hope that this finds you all well and ready to begin your courses.

First, I just want to introduce myself to you.  I am Dr. Kimberly Barnett Gibson and I am the OLLU Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs in Online Learning.  What that means is that it is my job to try to make all of our online learning opportunities as effective and efficient as we can make them.  So, if you have any suggestions for ways that we could improve our online learning opportunities, please feel free to send them my way.

The second reason that I am writing is to send you a flyer from our Mary Francine Danis University Writing Center that includes information about virtual appointments.  Since learning to write more effectively is a very valuable lifelong journey, I urge each of you to take full advantage of this fantastic resource. (I have attached the flyer to this message.)

Finally, I just received a link to a video that I want to share with you.  The video is of a virtual choir of Carmelite nuns from aound the world.  It made me think of all of you, of course, because it is such a beautiful example of the possibilities for virutal community. Here is the link: http://youtu.be/ycy0a5eHgVs

I hope that you all have a rich and challenging term.

May peace be with you.

Attachment WC Announcements Flyer 8_25_2014.jpeg